Municipal Energy Agency of Nebraska Members/Participants
THERE IS Power in numbers
MEAN is part of a powerful coalition that provides access to services and expertise to hundreds of communities. Through strength in numbers, we assemble knowledge, resources and influence that reach far beyond that of any one member. Our network stretches across four states, offering rich membership benefits. With MEAN, your voice is stronger.
- A seat at the table: With involvement in the organization’s board of directors, communities have the opportunity to influence the way energy is delivered across the region.
- A collective voice: MEAN provides legislative and legal advocacy to support outcomes beneficial to our communities. Together, we draft and deliver policy guidelines informing legislators, government officials, media and the public.
- Local control: Member participants and communities retain control over their own rates, services and power-related solutions to fit unique local needs and plans.
- Access to experience: Member participants can tap into decades of combined staff and member experience, insight and expertise – accessible as a day-to-day resource.
- Value-added services: Many MEAN services enrich your organization’s and communities’ capabilities: social media connections, NMPP Energy newsletter, typical bill survey, education opportunities, free industry job listings and more.
- Regulatory requirements: MEAN operates in the highly complex regulatory world and is responsible for adherence to complex energy regulations. MEAN has in-house risk, compliance and legal staff to assist staff with compliance and regulatory matters.
COLORADO: ARPA*, Aspen, Center, Delta, Fleming, Fort Morgan, Glenwood Springs, Gunnison, Haxtun, Holyoke, Julesburg, Lyons, Oak Creek, Wray, Yuma
IOWA: Breda, Carlisle, Denver, Fonda, Indianola, Lake View, Rockford, Sergeant Bluff, Wall Lake, Waverly
NEBRASKA: Alliance, Ansley, Arnold, Bayard, Beaver City, Benkelman, Blue Hill, Bridgeport, Broken Bow, Burwell, Callaway, Chappell, Crete, Curtis, Fairbury, Falls City, Gering, Grand Island, Grant, Hastings, Imperial, Kimball, Lyman, Mitchell, Morrill, Nebraska City, Neligh, Oxford, Paxton, Pender, Pierce, Plainview, Red Cloud, Scribner, Shickley, Sidney, Snyder, South Sioux City, Spencer, Stuart, Trenton, West Point, Wisner
WYOMING: Basin, Torrington
*ARPA = Arkansas River Power Authority. Members of ARPA include the cities of: Holly, La Junta, Lamar, Las Animas, Springfield and Trinidad, Colo. and Raton, N.M.